Monday 15 August 2011

Lavender's blue

Woke up with a horrid head yesterday and was feeling quite sorry for myself, however by the afternoon it had started to wear off and we went to explore a local lavender farm www.hitchinlavender.com 


You pay in the lovely gift shop/tea shop, they give you a bag and a pair of scissors and tell you to help yourself as you walk up the field! Fabulous! Just what I needed to clear my head and to fill some fabric and knitted hearts I'm making! So off we went, had a wonderful time and came home with armfuls of lavender which I think looks great in my fireplace!



I have also combined some with some dried rose petals (birthday flowers from my husband way back!) in this basket.


Nice eh? So, what with my new found passion to knit things, a habit of listening to The Archers and now a love of lavender; I must really remember how old I am not!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I bet that smells gorgeous.
    I've got a couple of teeny tiny bunches I picked from the garden, but they've got nothing on yours!
    I once saw a beautiful wreath made with lavender and always wished I'd bought it- perhaps I just ought to get a load and make it myself!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I love a bit of radio 4 these days, too. What with that, my crochet habit and recent love of doilies, I reckon you and I are channeling our inner-grannies. Or Granny-chic, as I call it.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Granny-chic is a great phrase - let's embrace it! BTW I've been inspired by your cosy mugs and something similar on Pinterest to make a woollen cuff for takeaway drinks as had a drink today that was too hot to hold! Good for the environment too I thought! Now to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, there's nothing wrong with a bit of passion...especially when it involves knitting and The Archers...delighted to welcome you to our wee blog...yours is looking lovely, enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lavender looks lovely, I bet your house smells delicious. We visited Yorkshire Lavender last year, I've been meaning to go again this year but haven't got round to it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks perfect. Wuld love to wander through the lavender with my nostrils open taking all that'd deliciousness. And then to fill a basket and your vases - just lovely. Blog lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect afternoon. I can almost smell the lavender. thanks for popping over to madebymum lovely to have you.

    ReplyDelete