Friday 6 April 2012

It's been a while . . . . but here goes - Easter!

Hi all, remember me?

I've kind of been a little behind in my blog posts (just a bit!) and silent on all of yours but have enjoyed reading what you've all been up to. But you know how  it is, you think I'll just wait until I finished the latest WIP or when I've got a better photo or something better to share and before you know it, it's weeks then months and then it gets harder and harder to start again!

So, here goes . . . I got in my head that I wanted to make an Easter wreath. We like to celebrate Easter in this house as we do Christmas so decorating the house is all part of it.

Anyhoo! I found a few spring bits I liked the look of, got the glue gun out, found an old wreath in the. loft (yes really!) and spent a very enjoyable 10 minutes gluing away, hung it on my front door and (I've waited a long time to say this!) TA-DA!

Easter wreath

I'm really quite pleased with it! We try to make a big deal of Easter as we think it's more important than Christmas as far as our faith is concerned! So we decorate the house and do family activities to help the girls get to grips with different parts of the story and so on.

Easter Jesse Tree


This is our version of an Easter Jesse Tree that we used at Christmas with some great ornament downloads from here and now at Easter to tell the story of the life of Jesus. We've brought some life to it courtesy of some Phoenix Trading butterflies! It's made out of some packaging materials and is only a feature until we get around to pulling the ceiling down in this room and decorating!

Christmas Jesse Tree

And here is my youngest's prize winning Easter bonnet (apologies for the poor photo - another excuse not to post!) her Daddy and her made for a competition at school. She was very adamant that it had to depict the real Easter story but then rather reluctant to wear it once the sticks were stuck in! But, very happy with her chocolate prize!


So, there we go! I've done it, made my first attempt at a comeback (!) hope you've enjoyed it and I'll try not to leave it so long next time! I'm on my way over to all you lovely people now to be brave enough to leave a comment! 
Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh well done to your youngest for her bonnet! And your wreath....I want it! Next year I must have an Easter Wreath!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back, Jo. Well done to your youngest for her Easter bonnet, it's so nice to see the real Easter story depicted on a bonnet for once, no wonder it was a winner. Love your wreath too. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete